Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tea Table Knock Off




My Knock-off $4.99
I found this brass tray at a local thrift store:



Had the good ole hubs make a stand out of scrap wood we had laying around.  Painted it with left over spray paint, did a quick floral design, then sanded the snot out of it.  I didn't spend a lot of time on the design...because (a)I knew I was going to sand it ...pretty much off, and (b) I'm impatient. I wanted it to look like an old vintage piece, something you'd find along side a dirt road.




Granted it's not handcarved with a Moorish design, and the top is probably a 24" diameter as opposed to the 28" polished brass ebay model.  But...not bad for a knock off? I could have gone with the cashier at the thrift store's idea.... make a gong:)




No comments:

Post a Comment