Monday, December 19, 2011

Unique Cheese Markers

I love to entertain. But instead of doing a huge dinner party, I'm more of an appetizer/tapas gal. I stumbled across these fun cheese markers in Michael Chiarello's, NapaStyle catalog:

Vintage Silver Fork Cheese Markers



Of course I had to take a stab at making these. Supplies you need are:
J

Letter Stamps
Heavy Hammer/steel block
Black Sharpie
Steel Wool
Forks

Choose the words you want to stamp on your forks.  I would recommend using silver plate or sterling over stainless, it's easier to stamp. Tap the letters using a hammer on a steel block.


Use the sharpie to color in the letters, then rub off with steel wool to make the word more visible.




The 'sheep' one was my first, didn't quite hit that one hard enough.
Just need to get the hubs to cut off the handles for me (and sand 'em), then they will be ready to use :)
What a fun and different way to identify your cheese!  They would also make a unique hostess/host gift with a bottle of wine, and of course...cheese.





http://www.shabbynest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment