Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cedar Slice Table

Over a year ago, we had the Forest Service come through the yard and thin out some trees.  We were left with quite a few stumps so the ole hubs decided to 'slice' a few pieces off the stumps along with stump grinding... we were left with quite a few of these:



I thought...hmmmmm... what could I do with these? 


Why make a table...of course!  We had to let the piece dry, then sand, and sand and more sanding..


Had Mr. B weld some table legs from rebar we had laying around.  I thought they would be fun to shape into chicken feet :)


So now we have a whimsical and unique end table for ....FREE!





3 comments:

  1. Cool! you are so creative!! thanks for the great pictures. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love our house. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I totally had to come back and look at this post again. Jealous that your husband can weld! I could use his help making a base for a card catalog I want to turn into a table!!!!

    ...and laughed when I reread my comment above. I meant to say I love YOUR house :-)

    ReplyDelete