Sunday, October 23, 2011

Outside/Inside Project

I decided to make my way outside today and tackle the daunting task of raking.  The sun was shining and I was feeling quite motivated ...was that ever a joke!  As I raked the many leaves, a few thousand fell in their place.  Ok, ok I am exaggerating, but not by much.  I soon gave up.  I convinced myself that I will put it off til next weekend, because by then all the leaves will have for sure fallen... hahaha.  Wishful thinking.
So I headed inside to start an inside project I have been pondering for a while. We have a finished attic space but with unfinished, empty spaces under the eaves.  I want to make a quasi-closet space and built-in desk.  The challenge.... use what we have...


If budget wasn't an issue, I would love to have built in white cabinets with louvred doors...ahhh to dream.  Instead I hung two wooden dowels and tab topped curtains on one side.  The other I had Mr. B use an extra door we had and install it on the wall using a small shoe shelf as a 'leg'.








I still need to decorate the area, probably add some funky fabric to the bottom of the curtains (they are a little 'high-water'..). Not bad for an afternoon that started outside, eh?




1 comment:

  1. I'm completely in love with your finished attic. Great lines! Good thinking on the built in desk and closet space.

    ...and I feel slightly stalkerish for commenting on everything, but I just like it!

    ReplyDelete