Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall Is In The Air

I usually look forward to Fall.  I am not usually a person who needs to be dragged, kicking and screaming from Summer to Fall. I don't have denial issues when the temperature starts to drop, evenings get shorter or school starts.  I look forward to changing my home decor to more warmer colors, layering scarves and sweaters, pumpkins and apple cider. But this year is different... I am not that thrilled to kick off my flops and start zipping up boots.  Funny how growing up, hearing the term, "I smell Fall in the air", was so foreign to me.  Now I get it.  Here in the Northwest, summers are so short, this year especially.  As of yesterday, I smelled Fall in the air. 
I know I will soon snap out of my quasi-depression and start feathering my nest with more candles, pinecones, cooking roasts, rotating my closet from shorts n' swimsuits to sweaters and jeans.  I will learn to embrace the Season!  For now I will enjoy the late Summer goodness.  Heirloom tomatoes, bountiful Farmer's Markets, evening strolls where you don't feel like you're gonna pass out from the heat, and evening bon fires. O Summer why oh why are you so short, you will be missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment