Monday, September 19, 2011

Concrete Hurricanes

This weekend I decided to tackle making a set of outdoor candle hurricanes,  a project that I found on Knockoff Decor. The detailed tutorial can be found here at In My Own Style.

I followed the exact instructions and couldn't be happier with the outcome. The only difference is that I used a 10" tube, and split into two.





Ta Da!  The hurricanes turned out awesome!  I have to make them more level on the ground once they're a bit drier, and I think I will also seal 'em. I was almost thinking of doing a stripe affect with a gloss sealer.  We'll see..




1 comment:

  1. Hi Krissie-

    They came out great!!! Wow it is exciting for me to see that my tutorial really helped you. It makes blogging so worthwhile. I was thinking about sealing them too, have you done it yet or have a product in mind?

    My best - Diane

    ReplyDelete