Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Chip Off the Old Block

 I have always been a 'rock-hound' and it probably most definitely comes from my father.  I love finding pieces of nature to enhance my home, whether it comes from pinecones, rocks or my favorite.. driftwood!  I remember growing up and watching my dad finding unusual branches that he later turned into beautiful walking sticks.  We both have always admired all the things nature provided, whether through rocks, driftwood, or plants.  There were times that we both would come across a 'good' rock and find ourselves oo-ing and aww-ing simultaneously!  It is border line dork, but if you are a rock hound, you get it.  It doesn't stop there, we also love looking into the night sky, bird watching and growing herbs...but that's a whole different story.
My father recently has taken on a new hobby of time-stakingly sanding, chiseling and staining found driftwood pieces.  Following are a couple I have displayed..



Looking forward to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment