Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wall ReDo













My dining room wall before and after: At first I had the fork, knife spoon art... which was okay, but I needed something with a little more impact.  I had seen a very cool, rusty old tin wall in one of the local wineries here in town and wanted to replicate the look. I didn't have much luck finding a piece of tin that was already rusted, so I bought a galvanized piece at my local hardware store. I had the ol' hubs cut it and install it for me with rivets (I wanted them to show). I then applied a 'rust' treatment using acrylic paint. I had a tealight wall sconce that I then attached to the center (individual tealights would also be fun). At night it illuminates the tin with a beautiful reflective glow. What do you think?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment