Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tchotchkes

You know we all have them. Tchotchkes, whether they were given to us or we tend to have serious addiction issues with collecting these lovely items.. they are in our homes.  Some of us do not realize they are small, worthless pieces of crap.  To us they are decorative knick knacks with little or no purpose, but can be sentimental and pretty (sometimes only to ourselves).  If you have a hard time recognizing them or are in denial.... just look around your house and whatever a burgler wouldn't steal..is probably a chotchie.
With that,  I thought I would scour Goodwill to find a couple of bird figurines.  Yes, I like bird chotchies!  I actually had a hard time finding some that weren't too over the top, ones with sayings or cutsie hearts ( I do have some taste..haha).  I managed to find a gold 'leafed' one and another one at the local Dollar Store.  My goal was to spray paint them with white spray paint to make them look modern. Think about using the spray paint in a gloss finish to give them a ceramic look.  I have seen quite a few versions of this in high end catalogs and thought I would try it myself.  Take a look at the results.  You can of course do this in any color, black, red, or even a fun chartreuse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment