Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coffee Table/Chest


With the Holidays around the corner our stress levels rise and we start to run around like deranged chickens with their heads cutoff, or turkeys... to try to make everything 'perfect'. We seem to think our families and friends need to believe that we live in perfect homes with never a thing askew! Ya right!? Not having the right amount of plates, glassware, linens, or a centerpiece are easy fixes.. but when it comes to furniture, that can be a little tricky and at times expensive.  Such a predicament happened to me when I needed a coffee table. I did not want to have to buy a new one and was really wanting a vintage/distressed table anyway. With that I went on a quest searching through many second hand stores.  I did finally find a chest for $25!  I purchased some $5 casters...and voila! instant table with built in storage. So for a total of $30 I had a 'new' coffee table that added instant charm, with all its dents and rust... and if someone spills, scratches or stains the top, it will only add to the patina. This is great for my OCD issues.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze me. This chest is beautiful, where did you find it? Your ideas inspire me now to want to decorate my desperate apartment.

    ReplyDelete